The eWarrior Competition deadline is quickly approaching (JAN 15th!) Don’t worry you still have plenty of time to create a winning entry and win an $1,000 scholarship!
This week’s post features apps you can use to create an entry for the Digital Photography category. There are TONS of editing apps out there but it can be difficult to know where to start. Below is an overview of three different apps with a variety of editing options. Find one you like and start creating your masterpiece!
This app can be used on a tablet or a laptop. Download the app from the App Store or search piZap.com on your laptop.
This app is extremely easy to use. The built-in templates make it simple to add text, filters, boarders, stickers and more. With each feature there are many styles to choose from.
For example not only does it have the option to add boarders but it has pages and pages to choose from. There is a paid option for this app but the free version still provides plenty of options.
- Very intuitive and easy to use. Editing is simple but looks professional.
- No watermark in the corner of photo
- The stickers! This app has a ton of free sticker options, far more than other free editing apps. They are easy to incorporate and look natural on your photo.
- Has all of your traditional editing options like filters, text, borders, stickers, and cropping.
- Has advanced features like a painting option, cutting tool, and MEME creator.
- Creates interesting collages.
This app is awesome and deserves its own blog post to highlight all of the features. Two thumbs up!
This app can also be used on a tablet or a laptop. Download the app from the App Store on your tablet or search v2.polarr.com on your laptop. Something to note, there is a paid version you can download on your computer. For the free version you will want to use the free online photo editor option.
This app’s editing features are a little more complicated than the others. However the app provides detailed training for each of it’s features. It takes more time to get up to speed with how to use the features but the result is very professional looking images.
- Advanced editing options to edit saturation, vibrancy, highlights shadows, etc.
- Complicated at first but training resources help clearly explain how to use the features. If you are familiar with programs like Photoshop this app will be a breeze.
- Easy to import and export your finished picture.
This app is great if you are familiar with other photo editing programs. It may be a little complicated if you are just looking to make a few edits.
This app can also be used on a tablet or laptop. Skitch is VERY simple to use, perfect for adding annotations like arrows or text. It has limited features and does not have filter options. If you are new to editing this app is a great starting point. The arrows and stickers are helpful for pointing out specific areas.
- Add arrows, text, shapes, paint, numbers, smiley faces and blur out portions of an image.
- Crop images
- Several color options for text, paint and arrows.
- Did I mention it’s easy to use?
This is the most simple and easy to use of the three apps. It doesn’t have a lot of features but gets the job done.
Want to learn more about the apps in this post? Review the links below for training, examples and more!
- PiZap Homepage
- PiZap Help Page
- Polarr in App Store
- Review of Polarr App
- Polarr Training Guide
- Skitch in App StoreSkitch in App Store